Approaches to Community Development
- Short Survey of Approaches to CD
- Typical Development Impact Strategies
- Citizen Participation
- Social Economic and Cultural Principles of Whole System CD
Participatory Community Analysis
- Historical Scan
- The Social Process
- The Gridding Method
- Geo-Social Analysis
- Framework of Support
- The Function of the Community Consultation
- Strategic Planning Introduction
- Practical Vision
- Underlying Obstacles
- Strategic Directions
- Strategic Partnerships
- Action Planning
- Eventful Implementation
- Community Organization
- Implementation Methods
- Project Coordination and Tracking
Participatory Evaluation and Project Extension
- The Journey of Change in CD
- Project Evaluation
- Project Documentation
- Sharing Approaches That Work
- Master Strategies and Replication
- “Swamp Gravy” Story Creation
WHO IS IT FOR?
- Community agencies, community development groups, community planners, community economic advisers, community relations officers, concerned citizens, environmentalists, private consultants, private business people.
- Valuable for people who want to create a systemic economic, political or cultural change in a community.
- Leaders who want to launch sustainable initiatives.
- Consultants and volunteers who work with many community initiatives.
Those who need to understand how to interact with and support communities.
The course includes theory, demonstration of methods, practice, examples, case studies and is highly participatory. This is a how-to course.